The Ebbw Vale site, known as "The Works", combines multiple newly constructed buildings that operate within varying sectors (education, commercial and leisure) on a 78-hectare site that was formerly occupied by a steelworks, which closed in 1982. Demolition and remediation work subsequently enabled the site to be suitable for development, with buildings attached to the
District CHP network coming on stream in 2012.
The Works site currently comprises:
- The Learning Zone
- The General Office (a pre-1929 building)
- Gwent Records Archive
- A Multi-Storey Car Park
The Energy Centre provides heating to both buildings and LV electricity via a private network to the Learning Zone and the Car Park.
For more information, please visit the website: www.theworksebbwvale.co.uk